Pages

Martin Luther King Jr. Freebie!

I love teaching my students all about Martin Luther King Jr.! We do *lots* of activities on acceptance, tolerance, and respecting each other!

Here are some of the activities we’ll be completing this year:

This is a craft I just created. I can’t wait to do it with my students! After reading MLK stories,  my students will have the chance to come up with their own dream for our world.

image

We’ll also be doing this fantastic activity I found over at a PRECIOUS blog called, Underpaid & Over Blessed. I LOVE her ideas! If you don’t follow her, you should be! Too cute! For this lesson, you can teach your students that no one is actually “black” or “white” by grabbing a bunch of different colored foundations at the Dollar Store and letting students mix foundations together to find their ACTUAL skin color. LOVE! Read more about this idea over at Brittany’s blog.

{Photo Source: Underpaid & Overblessed}

My last favorite activity that I did last year with my students was this AWESOME egg idea I saw over at The First Grade Parade. Show students two eggs: one white and one brown. This is such a fabulous way to teach students that even though we look different on the outside, we are the same on the inside.

[mlk7[5].jpg]

{Photo Source: The First Grade Parade}

To help teach your students all about MLK, grab this fun freebie below! Also, make sure to check out my other MLK activities. Click on the activity below to get it!

Slide23

2 comments: