Pages

Sensory Table Fun and a Freebie

Lidia one of very own, Freebielicious Authors, from Kinder Alphabet is also a great clip artist.  So when she whipped up some cute little CVC pictures, I knew I needed to have them for a fun freebie to use in my sensory table this month.

I don't know about you, but my kinders are still struggling with those tough medial sounds.  This activity will have your students searching for and sorting gingerbread boys with CVC pictures.  I like to put these cards in my sensory table to make it more engaging and interesting.  When students find a picture, they sort it into its medial sound 'house.'  I found some cute little boxes and have them hanging off the side of my table for ease of sorting but you can really use any bucket, box or basket you have available. To make it self-correcting, I placed the answers to each house on the bottom of the box.

If you want to extend and differentiate the activity, you can also have some students, based on thier readiness levels, record what they find.  If you'd like a copy, just click on the picture above to get yours.

And drop me a line to let me know what you think.



No comments:

Post a Comment