Pages

Skip Count Hopscotch

My 100th Day of School was last week and my students had a blast celebrating their new knowledge of 100. One of their favorite activities of the day was playing HOPSCOTCH! This winter's arctic weather has left very few opportunities for my students to run around and get their energy out. I decided to take matters into my own hands and use their energy in a constructive way. The students hopped their way into skip counting by 10s up to 100. They had so much fun and I was happy to hear everyone skip count with success.
FREE skip count by 10 number set

I created the hopscotch board on the back of a Twister game mat. I used Scotch Expressions Masking Tape to create the grid, then added laminated skip counting numbers. The tape sticks well but also peels cleanly off. To prevent the mat from sliding on the carpet as my students hopped, I added a few small dots of velcro (the side that grabs) on the Twister-side of the mat. It worked like a charm. 
You can download a FREE Hop By Tens set of skip counting numbers to get started as you create a hopscotch mat for your own classroom. Just stop by the Kinder-Craze blog
FREE skip count by 10 number set
While you're there, be sure to pin lots of great ideas to help you celebrate the 100th Day in your classroom next year! 
FREE skip count by 10 number set

xoxo

1 comment: