Pages

Eight Classroom Expectations

Hey Friends! Mrs. Hoffer here!! I just wanted to drop in and tell you about some amazing changes that have been going on in my classroom. In August our school became a Great Expectations school. This may sound familiar to some Oklahoma and Texas readers. 
ge

For those of you unfamiliar with GE, ti is an approach to better the whole child, not just a quick behavior fix. I am loving it! This program was how my mom taught, and she has been out of the classroom for about 14 years. It is constant, but there have been a few tweaks here and there.


Anywho, in about October our school had a trainer come in to talk to the whole school. About this time, our Primary team had been discussing getting rid of our behavior charts. So going into this meeting I was very nervous about what was going to come up. In the meeting, what I expected did happen. We decided to throw ourselves out there and get rid of our clip charts. Cold Turkey. I am not going to lie, I was a nervous wreck! I plastered this quote all across my room and reminded myself multiple times a day.
what if i fall


Now you might be asking, why are you telling me this? Well in all of our classrooms we have Eight Expectations posted, and we go over them every morning.
IMG_3430


There they are, front and center in my classroom. We say them each morning after our pledges and moment of silence. Then we go right into our classroom expectations. Then the Give me Five song.
IMG_3433


When ever one of my kiddos are not making a good choice, I just remind them of which Classroom Expectation they need to work on. So if I hear a students making fun of another one of their friends, I remind them “Sarah, Expectation #2 say, We do not laugh at or make fun of a persons mistakes”. They quickly apologize. What is even better, when I am working with a small group, and I over hear my friends remind one another of the expectations. Warms this teachers heart!
IMG_3422


I have shared my Eight Classroom Expectations over on TpT. Go check them out here! While you are at it! Go look around Great Expectations and see if it is a good fit for you!!



No comments:

Post a Comment