Pages

Spider Counting Book

Hey my Freebielicious Friends!

I have a cutie of a Halloween emergent reader to share with you today....
Click HERE to grab your Freebie!
Now, really?? How sweet are these characters? Anyhoo - it's not just an easy reader, it's also an interactive counting book. You see, the kiddos draw the corresponding spiders on each character as they read the book! Math and Literacy combined - the best of both worlds!

I hope you can use this Freebie-licious Freebie! Please let me know what you think AND please stop by my blog to discover all kinds of other great stuff!!

(I included 2 versions. Someone noticed the spider on the first version only has 6 legs..hahaha -- as a teacher, I would simply guide the kiddos to notice that and have them correct that mistake themselves. However, I did decide to include a set with a spider with 8 legs!) :0) Feel free to use the set you like the most!

Click Here to jump over to my blog :0)


18 comments:

  1. So cute Jeannie! Thank you! My son will LOVE this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. so glad you like it Katie!! I've read it with my 4 year old too!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. love this.....perfect timing since I'm starting spiders on monday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for the sweet comments -- I hope your kiddos enjoy!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Perfect! Thank you for sharing this! : )

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for sharing! my kids need the counting practice!

    teachingwildalaska.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is to cute I'm sure my boys will love it. Really into spiders and bats right now.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very cute and thanks for giving me a teachable moment with the spider :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very cute and thanks for giving me a teachable moment with the spider :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hahaha Melissa!!! I'm all about the teachable moments! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is so cute and fun!!! I don't think I would have ever noticed the spider only having 6 legs..LOL...cant wait to use this!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very cute! My kindergarteners love spiders!
    Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Adorbs!!! We're doing a counting book next week and this is so much more fun! :) Thanks for sharing!

    Little Miss Glamour Goes to Kindergarten

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank for the version with the anatomically correct spider! It drives me crazy when clip art pictures do not have the correct number of legs! =)

    This will be a great book for my kiddos to make this week when we have a sub...THANK YOU! =)

    Heather
    Heather's Heart

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is so great! Thank you! I just love Halloween in the classroom! I don't think I ever would have noticed the 6 legs, although my kiddos probably would have!

    Sarah
    Kindergarten Korner

    ReplyDelete
  16. Heather - you are so welcome.....I was surprised that the clipart I bought had 6 legs......

    Sarah - you can always count of the kiddos to find the errors.....that's why I'd have my kiddos fix it....

    Now you can choose which one to use. Since we've learned that spiders have 8 legs - I will probably use the one with 6 legs and see if the kiddos notice - then let them help out the artist who drew the 6 legs :0)


    jeannie
    Kindergarten Lifestyle

    ReplyDelete