Pages

Must Have Monday with Kinder Alphabet and Mrs. Miner's Monkey Business



 
We all have those things that we NEED in our classroom.
We all have those things that we WANT in our classrooms.
And somewhere between needing and wanting are our MUST HAVES.
Those are the things that keep us energized, that make our classrooms our homes away from home....
 
 We, Lidia from Kinder Alphabet, and Krissy, from Mrs. Miner's Monkey Business, are so excited to kick off Freebielicious's Linky Party with Monday Must Haves by sharing what
we MUST HAVE in our classrooms:

First off, welcome to Must-Have Monday with Kinder Alphabet!

As teachers, we need things that will save us time and help us run our classrooms smoothly. I am going to share some must-have items that you might enjoy this year.

Stapler that does not jam

Are you tired of jammed and broken staplers? I think that I found the perfect one for stapling our little readers. This stapler has high reviews and is loved by many teachers. This is the one stapler that everyone hides because it so good that they do not want to share it! I can't wait to try it out this year. You can find it on the Target website.


Stapler for bulletin boards

How about stapling on bulletin boards? The Paper-Pro® Stapler gets rave reviews as the easiest and smoothest stapler for bulletin boards. Imagine that! You just need to take very good care of it and be gentle because it may break those little plastic parts. This is another one of those staplers that many teachers hide in their desks :) You can find it on the Target website.


Pencil Sharpener

I have had this pencil sharpener for a while. It is the BEST pencil sharpener that I have ever had! You can find it on the Classroom Friendly Supplies website. It is amazing.


Storage

Teachers always need little bins for storing classroom supplies. I found these bright mini-crates at Wal-Mart. They are only $1 each. 


Periscope App

Have you heard of Periscope? It has been trending so much since the Vegas TPT conference. I finally signed up. It is the neatest thing ever! Teachers are sharing so many classroom tips during LIVE video. We can go watch them and interact with them during the LIVE broadcast. Come follow along, you will love it.


Rules and Procedures

Classroom Management is so important. I wrote a detailed blog post about how I use rules and procedures in my classroom. Come read all about it when you get a chance. 


I hope that you enjoyed these Teacher-Must Haves.
Have a wonderful school year!






Mrs. Miner's Must Haves:

 I must have SHARPIES! I love Sharpies. I love them in all colors and in all sizes. They are my go to marker when I am creating anchor charts.
Sharpie® Permanent Markers, Fine Point, Assorted Colors, 24/pk (31993PP)
This pack just happens to be on sale at Staples (while supplies last) for $12.00 until 9/19/15.

2. Labels. Again, labels of any size and/or color as long as they can be printed on and personalized. Every summer, I make a sheet of labels for every student in my class. These are for all of their journals, folders, their coat hook, their cubby, and whatever pops up throughout the year!  Click on the picture below for the free template to print your kiddos' name labels!


http://www.mrsminersmonkeybusiness.com/2013/08/sharing-my-secret-beginning-of-year-tip.html
 
3Sorry, if this third item seems like a repeat.  BUT, I can assure you, it is NOT a repeat. Flair markers are used for entirely different things than Sharpies are.  I use Flair markers more as marking pens than markers. Writing quick notes, running records, my sight word and math fact fluency records, etc.  Color makes me happy and with these "markers", you have MANY colors to choose from.  I always get mine at Amazon because they always seem to be on sale (of course, they aren't right now when I just went to check for you).


4.  I've always loved shoes and I think my love for really cute-not-necessarily-comfortable-shoes for so many years has made my feet require comfortable shoes now. BUT, I refuse to give up on cute, even though, as I age, I REQUIRE comfort.  My absolute GO TO brand now is Crocs.  No, not the ugly, original Crocs, but the who would even know those were Crocs, Crocs. I wear them ALL year long. I have sandals, I have flats, I have clogs. I. Just. Love. Them. These are my latest addition to my Croc shoe collection:
With Crocs, you don't necessarily have to sacrifice the cute factor for on your feet all day long comfort.
5.  Last, but not least, is my newest find MUST HAVE for every teacher!
 It is called Hewlett-Packard's Instant Ink Program.  HP Instant Ink is an ink cartridge replacement service that saves you money on ink costs, and ensures that your printer never runs out of ink when you need it most.....and, the best part(s)?
You never even have to leave your house and you will NEVER run out of ink, oh, AND (there are SO many great things about this program) it is cheap...WAY cheaper than the hundreds of dollars a year I have spent in the past to pay for my EXPENSIVE ink. 
I chose one of the more "expensive" plans of $9.99 a month for 300 (up to) FULL color, FULL page prints.  I am not even joking, I couldn't make this stuff up.  Less than $120 a year to be able to print 3,600 FULL COLOR, FULL PAGE prints??? Yes, please. There were months I could spend more than that in 30 days on ink, let alone an entire year.
This ink program is a BLESSING for anyone, but especially for teachers.
You can go
here to find out FAQ about this wonderful program!  I know you will love it as much as I do and decide this is a MUST HAVE for yourself as well!


 
 





 


http://www.mrsminersmonkeybusiness.com/
Link up below with  your Must Haves and get your posts ready for the rest of the week!

Kaci Hoffer's photo.





7 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am ordering that stapler! I hate that the little staplers jam and then the larger one in the staff lounge never works! Thank you for sharing!!
    Christa
    sweetlifeofsecondgrade

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're welcome, Christa! Let us know how you like it :)

    -Lidia

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great minds think alike! :) I have the Sharpies already, and LOVE LOVE flair markers!
    Can't wait to order the green stapler!! Thanks for sharing!!
    Aharwell

    ReplyDelete
  5. I need that stapler!!! I have about 30 of those Walmart bins...I use them for everything!!! :)

    Thanks for sharing!
    Sarah
    A Sunny Day in First Grade

    ReplyDelete
  6. I bought the PaperPro stapler at my local Walmart. (Only it was blue instead of green.) It was cheaper than on-line and I did not have to pay shipping. Does anyone know of a good stapler that reaches far enough to staple down the middle of booklets made from folding regular or legal size paper in half? All the ones my school has purchased have been big duds!

    ReplyDelete